The Church of England is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our church community.
Policy on the Safeguarding of Children and Adults in the Church
The policy was agreed by the Parochial Church Council meeting on 19 July 2018 and will be reviewed each year to monitor the progress which has been achieved.
- We recognize that everyone has different levels of vulnerability and that each of us may be regarded as vulnerable at some time in our lives.
- As members of this parish we commit ourselves to respectful pastoral care for all children and adults to whom we minister.
- We commit ourselves to the safeguarding of people who may be vulnerable, ensuring their well-being in the life of this church.
- We commit ourselves to promoting safe practice by those in positions of trust.
- The parish commits itself to promoting the inclusion and empowerment of people who may be vulnerable.
- It is the responsibility of each of us to prevent the physical, emotional, sexual, financial and spiritual abuse of vulnerable people and to report any such abuse that we discover or suspect.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of those who will work with people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish is committed to supporting, resourcing, training and regularly reviewing those who undertake work amongst people who may be vulnerable.
- The parish adopts the guidelines of the Church of England and the Diocese.
Our Parish Safeguarding Coordinators are:
Telephone 01903 765968
Telephone 01903 761913
Both can be contacted:
c/o St Michael’s Vicarage, 117 Penhill Road, Lancing, BN15 8HD or by email